- The minimum age for a child to attend the YMA is 5, younger children may be assessed.
- Parents/Guardians must fill out a separate form for each child.
- Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Parents/Guardians must sign the registration form.
- The YMA does not take responsibility for any child before 5:30pm and after 7:45pm on Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays. Nor before 10:30am or after 1:30pm on Saturdays or Sundays
- If a child is consistently picked up late, Social Services will need to be informed, as a matter of child safety.
Terms of Fees & Payments
- A one-off non-refundable registration fee of £5.00 is payable upon registration to cover administrative costs.
- Registration forms will NOT be accepted without £5.00 registration fee.
- Tuition fees are £85.00 per term paid in cash or cheque on the first day of term (discount will be given to families). Registration and tuition fees will not be refunded if a child is expelled or if s/he is absent.
- Late terms fees will have an addition charge of £25 if term fees are not paid within the terms deadline.
- Sunday school fees are £20.00 per month.
- All required books should be purchased within a week from the admission date.
- Parents or guardians must pay compensation for any damage caused by their
Pupil Conduct & Performance
- Pupil may be suspended or expelled at anytime during the year should we feel that
they are not working hard, misbehaving or not being regular & punctual.
- The YMA requires a letter from parent/guardians explaining any ABSENCE.
- If students fail to attend Marassah without a note or phone call after 4 lessons, the
child will no longer have his/her seat and his/her space will be allocated to a
student on the waiting list.
- All pupils are expected to adhere to the Islamic teachings and code of practices.
Only suitable dressed haircut will be allowed. Pupil who breaks this rule will not
be allowed in class and will be sent home.
- Chewing gum, sweets, snacks and the like are not allowed in class or during
- Mobile phones or any other electronic devices are not allowed in class. If a child
has a mobile they must switch it off and hand it in to the teacher before the start of
the lesson. If a child breaks this rule their phone will be confiscated.
- Cards, magazines or any sort of inappropriate material are not allowed in the
Masjid or classroom if such items are found they will be confiscated.
- Parents must take up the responsibility to follow up their child’s progress. And
should ensure that they help with revision and homework!
- Pupils will not be allowed to leave the Masjid before SALAH is performed when
the Adhan is already said.
- All children MUST perform their daily prayer. It is the responsibility of the
parent/guardian to remind their child of this and we may get in touch with you in
Young Muslim Academy
363-365 Lewisham High street
London SE13 6NZ